Age 15+. Duration 4 days.
The rescue diver course is a challenging & informative course that will build your confidence as a recreational diver. You will complete 12 Open Water Training Exercises which emphasize a divers ability to be flexible and adapt to a variety of different emergency situations. Once you have mastered these exercises you will get the chance to test your skills in a number of staged emergency scenarios.
Courses Topics include:
• First aid for diving injuries
• First aid for marine injuries
• Emergency procedures
• Rescue equipment consideration and usage
• Distress recognition
• Self rescue
• Rescue entries, approaches and exits
• Assist and transportation of patients
• Missing, unconscious and submerged diver rescue
• In - water artificial respiration
• Accident recording and reporting
By the end of the course you will have expanded your knowledge of diving, increased your level of diving skill and be more aware of what is happening in the diving environment.
If you don't hold a current First Aid qualification you will also need to enrole in the Emergency First Response Course(1/2 day) that runs in parallell with the Rescue Course.
All this training will prepare you to properly respond to diving and other emergency situations, and could one day help you to save a life. At the end of this course you will be prepared to become a Padi Professional and enrole in the Dive Master course.