Updates on the COVID-19 situation
Dear friends of Manta Dive and the Gili islands, we hope you are all doing well in the challenging times of COVID-19. We have created this page in order to provide updates on the COVID-19 situation on our small paradise island of Gili Trawangan. We are open all-day, everyday for domestic travellers for accommodation, food, drinks fun and diving! We have great nightly, weekly and monthly rates available in the rooms. For the rest of you we hope to see you soon once the worldwide situation improves. Please message us on email, Facebook or Instagram if you have any questions or just want to stay in touch.
Safety & Well-being
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking extra steps throughout the resort to help protect the safety of guests and staff. These measures include but are not limited to:
- Hand washing stations and hand sanitiser located throughout the resort and on the dive boats.
- Signage throughout the resort to remind people to wash their hands, practice social distancing and so that guests can easily locate hand sanitiser.
- We are using small teams of staff and keeping staff rotation to a minimum and temperatures are checked before arrival each day.
- Extraneous items such as cushions have been removed from the resort. You can view a link to the guest room information pack here and in your pre-arrival email.
Additional cleaning measures throughout the resort using disinfectant. Special attention paid to touch points such as door handles and switches,
- Rooms are left vacant for 24 hours between guests.
- We have always served an à la carte breakfast. Feel free to take your breakfast in the cafe or you may take breakfast on your own room terrace.
- Contactless check in and check out available. Please let us know if you are interested in this service at the time of booking.
Chappie's Bar and Cafe
Food and beverage staff wear PPE including gloves and masks when preparing food and drinks.
Tables and chairs placed to allow space between guests in the restaurant, breakfast area and beach.
- Restaurant tables are immediately disinfected after each guest.
- Additional disinfection of dive gear, following the recommendations set out by SSI and Divers Alert Network (DAN).
- For guests using rental gear the guest will be assigned that set of gear for their whole stay. Gear is then disinfected and quarantined after each use. Special discounted price for guests wishing to purchase their own mouthpiece and scuba masks for their stay.
- Limited numbers of guests allowed on dive boats to allow for Social Distancing.
Should you fall ill during your stay please contact Warna Medical Clinic for advice +62 878 6206 0247. They are now offering rapid tests on the spot and they take about 20 minutes. Please let us know if you need to go to the hospital in Lombok we can arrange transport.
This is the best time to visit and dive at the Gilis! The island vibe is laid-back and our pristine waters are thriving with marine life more than ever. The corals used the pandemic time to regrow and prepare for their next meeting with the divers.
For the month of March we have 20% discount off all dive courses and 25% discount off fun dives!
The Gilis are famous as the turtle capital in the world for a reason! And the last few months have been good for our main residents with no boat traffic and quiet waters. Therefore, the turtles have been nesting in serenity on our clean beaches.
You can now have your exclusive vacation in paradise with no crowds and smaller groups of divers. Check out your opportunities to book and enjoy a good discount after the isolation period is over.
Access to the island of Gili Trawangan
Fast boat services with Eka Jaya are currently running Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Online booking is available through Gili Tickets. Ostina fastboat is running Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The only day a boat service is not running is on Sundays. The slow ferry from Padangbai is running as normal between Padangbai and Lembar. There are flights from Jakarta, Surabaya and Bali to Lombok airport. If you would like assistance getting over from Lombok please contact us and we will be happy to arrange it for you. Our drivers wear masks and have strict hygiene protocols in place, for your convenience they also have hand sanitiser in the car. Our friends at Gili bookings and Gili Tickets will have the latest fastboat information. Please note everyone needs an antigen rapid test for travelling by fast boat, ferry or flight. Airports have testing stations available, as does Padang Bai harbour, as well as here in Trawangan. Whilst domestic travel is open Indonesia is currently closed to international tourists, we are hopeful that the rumours of Indonesia opening for foreign tourists in April will become true. We promise we are keeping good care of the island!
Booking a holiday in these uncertain times can be stressful! For all new bookings our flexible cancellation policy will apply so you can book now and change dates should you need to at no extra cost.
Cancel free of charge up until 7 days before check in. If you cannot travel on your chosen travel dates due to Coronavirus then we will reschedule your booking for another time up until 31st December 2021.
How to stay engaged as a diver?
Join our online courses
We are happy to share our virtual classes for you guys, who miss scuba diving and want to upgrade your skills while waiting for the pandemic to be over. There is something to suit every type of diver, from beginner to professional, all levels of online scuba diving courses are available.
How does it work?
Contact us to enrol.
Sign up for a course with SSI and start the online training now.
Read the theory online at your convenience.
Enjoy one-on-one & group online sessions with our instructors.
Chat with our team virtually if you need assistance.
Finish your class with us in paradise whenever is a good time for you.
Dive & Stay Later
Want to get an amazing deal for when you are ready to come out into the world again? Let’s get you pampered for you for your next visit to Gili Trawangan with a special deal for insane rates for online courses including dives and lovely accommodation. There's no need to let the coronavirus ruin your holiday plans we have fully flexible deals so that you can choose your dates later or change them if necessary. Dive & Stay Packages will be valid for a full 12 months from booking date. We also have Fun Dive & Stay Packages. Check them out!
We hope you find this coronavirus advice page useful, stay safe and we hope we can see you soon!
If you would like to discuss our COVID-19 safety measures please send us an email.
Best wishes from Manta Dive Gili Trawangan